That 805 hp 87 octane street 572 - again!

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

user-23911

Re: That 805 hp 87 octane street 572 - again!

Post by user-23911 »

Want it spoon fed and on a plate?
jarmoyp

Post by jarmoyp »

WeingartnerRacing wrote:This thread is so confusing because you give zero information up front. Good threads usually start with author posting up all information with all parts used with results then a discussion happens discussing why things happened. At this point I can't understand anything you have done because again no list of what was used. I feel like a detective showing up to a crime scene trying to figure out what happened. It also feels like click bait ads on Facebook for were are these celebrities now. That's an ad too.
There is information allready :)

For me is enough if I come to know average fps and max. local fps for this engine. It is just under 86 hp/liter and it needs not to go over 6000 rpm so..
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Old School wrote:David,
What is the ring package?
What has been done for oil control(baffles, oil pan, scraper, etc)?
What has been done to the piston/chamber to prevent detonation?

That"s my three. Next person......

Billy
BILLY - GOT SOME GOOD STUFF HERE BUT WAIT UNTIL I GET TO RINGS AND ASK QUESTIONS AGAIN
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

pdq67 wrote:I would like to make a 588"er, 4.625" b x 4.375" s engine just for the fun of it.

I am afraid to try to stuff a 4.5" crank in a low deck BBC block or I would go way bigger, like a 604" jobber!!

pdq67
I HAVE DONE THREE 4.5 INCH STROKE MOTORS BASED ON A STOCK GEN IV SHORT DECK BLOCK. THEY COME OUT AT 525 INCHES AND I HAVE FOUND THE COMBO WORKS GREAT FOR INSTANCE HOW DOES 739 LBS-FT AND 799 HP SOUND FOR A STRONG STREET BUILD ON PUMP GAS.
DV

dv
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

Geoff2 wrote:Weingartner,
Want don't you understand about about cyl head brands, port volumes, valve sizes, engine size, cam LSA, CR, combustion chamber vol, HP & TQ numbers, all provided in DVs post?? Pretty up front if you ask me.
The information is vague as hell. Which brodix head did they use, they make about 20? Where is the dyno chart comparing the heads? Do you see the exact cam specs? I have to dig around to find some. Why not get all the information first? Even when asked a question they aren't given, example rings. If you think he has provided plenty of info you must have tunnel vision. I have nothing against dv. I just hate the way this thread works.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

OK, now I understand. You want all 144 pages of this virtual E-book RIGHT NOW, so you can just page to the parts you care about, not dribbled out a few thousand words at a time like the old Burma Shave signs. I suppose DV could just stop posting until it's all written and edited and then...Oh wait, that would just be another real book with all its wretched commercial implications.. #-o
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
S10LS2

Post by S10LS2 »

[quote="MadBill"]I don't see it that way at all. David did give us a lot up front, e.g. the first post was the final dyno chart.

Page two's note brought us the purpose of the project he's reporting on, some background re the specs. of the baseline engine, a number of technical constraints that influenced the choice of test parts, etc.

Page three began a probably-several part detailed analysis of a number of cylinder heads, their out-of-the box performance and porting potential plus some specifics on the cam and valve size considerations. (It's just possible that some Speedtalkers are following along to pick up ideas and considerations for builds of their own and might like to know about the contender heads that didn't finish first, rather than just skipping to the last page of the book to find out "the butler did it.") It would be redundant to provide minutely detailed answers to the head questions asked above for every part evaluated.
Per page one, a number of other component assessments are alluded to be forthcoming.

It appears to me that if the Boo Birds don't succeed in running him off, depriving us of a great technical resource (as they did others of his stature like Exhausted, Darren Morgan and a number of others), DV will probably continue to provide detailed results and explanations re all aspects of this project in what will be in effect a free on-line version of Vol. 3 of Big Blocks on a budget.. (( Nobody is trying to run anyone off the forum. :roll: .. The thread is lacking information in a way that the readers of this forum have come to expect. I guess a bit. The dyno sheet in post one you refer to is a bit goofy don't ya think? I don't have to explain why, do I ? And it does not appear that Mr. V is getting annoyed with the comments, as I am sure he has thicker skin than that.))
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

You nut huggers keep tagging along but most people don't want to read through 20 pages of crap online to figure out what they want to know. Otherwise twitter wouldn't limit the amount of characters used. That is what runs people off.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

S10LS2 wrote:.. The dyno sheet in post one you refer to is a bit goofy don't ya think? I don't have to explain why, do I ? And it does not appear that Mr. V is getting annoyed with the comments, as I am sure he has thicker skin than that.))
Well, for sure he seems willing to have his 'gift horse' looked more closely in the mouth than I would!

As for the 'goofy' power curves, if by that you mean the little dips and wobbles in the traces, that's what the actual power curve of a highly tuned engine looks like as various elements come in and out of tune. The perfect French Curve-drawn parabolas you see in ads are a product of either a massively intrusive dyno 'smoothing' program or an imaginative PR wonk.

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

WeingartnerRacing wrote:You nut huggers keep tagging along but most people don't want to read through 20 pages of crap online to figure out what they want to know. Otherwise twitter wouldn't limit the amount of characters used. That is what runs people off.
But it's OK on paper? Or do you not read books or technical articles unless they tell you exactly what you want to know and nothing but? (Too bad for anyone who isn't you and wants to learn about some or all of that 'crap') For myself, these days I call it worthwhile if a magazine I pick up has even one worthwhile nugget to add to my knowledge base.

WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

MadBill wrote:
WeingartnerRacing wrote:You nut huggers keep tagging along but most people don't want to read through 20 pages of crap online to figure out what they want to know. Otherwise twitter wouldn't limit the amount of characters used. That is what runs people off.
But it's OK on paper? Or do you not read books or technical articles unless they tell you exactly what you want to know and nothing but? (Too bad for anyone who isn't you and wants to learn about some or all of that 'crap') For myself, these days I call it worthwhile if a magazine I pick up has even one worthwhile nugget to add to my knowledge base.
Yep magazine and technical book sales are through the roof right now. What am I thinking. I am glad you have a day to read through stuff most don't.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
Racerrick
Expert
Expert

Post by Racerrick »

what we asked is simple. here is an example. A while back I machined and built for a customer a pump gas 518 bbc from .030 over 427 truck block it made 700hp @5900 Camshaft is custom hyd roller with comp lobes 3370 3371 110ls +4 head, morel/howards lifter, the heads were not flowed they were dart 310 with dart valves 2.3 & 1.9 valve job int 38 45 67 91% throat, exh 40 45 radius all blend to throat and chamber. Chamber cleaned up of edges and polished, no port work. guides clear .0013 & .002, customer provided springs comp 953-16, custom autotec pistons for 10.5-1 Hastings race rings 1/16 1/16 3/16 std ten., 6.535 manley h beams, eagle 4.5 crank, shelf moroso pan had to mod built in tray it to clear rods, stock pump m77, intake was a victor, carb QF1150. using comp street oil 10-30 I have 2 motor bigger motor I"m working on now 1 is a 565 ford the other a 600 bbc. I will post those spec of these motor too after they come off the dyno if anyone cares? the heads are being flowed as we speak.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

everybody quit your dang crying! if you dont like how DV gears his posts, dont read his posts. everyone who has been on this site for any length of time knows how his posts work, so get over it.
S10LS2

Post by S10LS2 »

MadBill wrote:
S10LS2 wrote:.. The dyno sheet in post one you refer to is a bit goofy don't ya think? I don't have to explain why, do I ? And it does not appear that Mr. V is getting annoyed with the comments, as I am sure he has thicker skin than that.))
Well, for sure he seems willing to have his 'gift horse' looked more closely in the mouth than I would!

As for the 'goofy' power curves, if by that you mean the little dips and wobbles in the traces, that's what the actual power curve of a highly tuned engine looks like as various elements come in and out of tune. The perfect French Curve-drawn parabolas you see in ads are a product of either a massively intrusive dyno 'smoothing' program or an imaginative PR wonk.
Ya not what I meant by the dyno sheet. But thanks for the explanation of what a highly tuned engine "dyno" sheet should look like. I do not look at dyno sheets in ads that look like that. LOL. Gloss right over them. Most know that kind of sheet is b.s. He is selling this engine correct? Surely he has the correct sheet to post. Stop being so mad angrybill.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

lefty o wrote:everybody quit your dang crying! if you dont like how DV gears his posts, dont read his posts. everyone who has been on this site for any length of time knows how his posts work, so get over it.
Lot's of truth there. He'll start a thread with the best of intentions and then get busy for a week and the thread is 5 pages deep by the time he gets back to it. Some are honest questions and some are bait but it's too much to deal with so they sometimes go by the wayside.

Sure, maybe he shouldn't start a thread if he doesn't have the time to sit there and tend to it but his schedule makes me tired just thinking about it and I'm not 110 years old :D